Tuesday 6 May 2014

Spreadsheets

In today's session I attended a workshop session to improve my Excel skills. Spreadsheets are used widely across the industry especially in Buying. My skills on the programme prior to the session was all learnt in Secondary School. I knew basics. 
In this session, I learnt a lot of short cuts such as how to enter the days and months and dragging the cells along to reveal the next days and month in a series. 
Other skills learnt was how to insert or delete cells and rows in the spreadsheet which can be done by right clicking the row or cell you would like it to appear. This is a great little trick if you've missed something out right in the middle of the spreadsheet. 
I learnt how to add, subtract, times and divide cells to get the correct answer using codes. By entering the names of the cell (Column Letter and Row Number) and using the appropriate symbol will get you the answer. The answer will pop up the cell you press after "=". A sum would look something like this: N12+D4=R25.
I found the the session really helpful and I'd really like to find out a few more tricks and hints on how to use the programme if i need to use it in industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment